Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The 7 Mountains Story


I am often asked how I came to call my acupuncture practice 7 Mountains. Of course there is a story in the answer.

When I was in acupuncture school I was also a father of three young girls, a husband, and a respiratory therapist. Often the best time for uninterrupted study was about 4:00 am to 6:00 am. Over time I noticed that as the sun came up it would illuminate, one by one, seven large mountain tops around our home in the Colorado foothills.

Fast forward to 2004 and Beijing China where I was studying herbal medicine. One day one of my herbal teachers asked me about Colorado and my home town.  I showed him a picture of our house with ice-icicles hanging off the roof. Then I shared the story of the seven mountains being illuminated by the sun.  At my Chinese herbal graduation I was presented with my diploma. It actually had two names hand printed on it - my English name, Bruce Ayers, and in Chinese characters was written "The Man From 7 Mountains."

When I returned home to Colorado and started my acupuncture and herbal practice, 7 Mountains seemed like the perfect name.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging, acupuncture near me

    ReplyDelete